Equitable Property

Court involvement in the process of dividing marital property can be avoided if both parties involved in a separation or divorce agree on how the property will be distributed.

If so, the resulting agreement is called an out-of-court settlement, property settlement, or separation agreement. If the parties cannot agree, it may be necessary to seek a court-ordered property distribution, and Maryland property statutes require that the process of “equitable distribution” be applied.

Contact us for consultation.


If you find this information interesting, please share.